HealthImpact builds coalitions and partnerships to develop projects in several program areas to transform the capacity of nurses to meet the evolving health needs of Californians:
- California Simulation Alliance – Promotes simulation in health care to improve patient safety.
- California Registered Nurse Specialty Apprenticeship Program – Provides the resources necessary to implement the program.
- Benner Institute for Teaching and Learning – A revolutionary solution to remake nursing education.
- California Collaborative Model of Nursing Education – California’s model for seamless academic progression goes beyond legislative and policy recommendations.
- Centralized Clinical Placement System – Connects nursing schools and clinical agencies to streamline the clinical placement process.
- New Roles for Nurses – Addresses gaps in care delivery by implementing new roles for RNs in California’s health care system.
- Diversity – This program is developing a framework for interventions that will result in an RN workforce that is racially and ethnically aligned with California’s population.