Foundation for Leadership Excellence is a 5-day intensive program to help nurses develop effective leadership skills. Course objectives include:
- Explore innovations in nursing practice and leadership
- Identify and grow your personal leadership style to increase your influence
- Develop strategies to build a positive work environment where optimal practice can flourish
- Examine proven approaches to enhance customer service and increase HCAHPS scores
- Utilize business plans and financial reports to drive decision-making
- Integrate performance improvement, regulatory and accrediting principles into your leadership role
- Discover the nurse leader’s role in health care reform and the Institute of Medicine’s Future of Nursing vision
- Discuss implications of policy decisions on nursing practice and patient care
- Re-energize your spirit to be the best leader possible
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
D A Y 1 — Leadership Excellence
- Learn the key competencies of successful leaders.
- Apply insights of assessment to improve your leadership skills.
- Use leadership principles to achieve clinical and business agendas.
- Understand the far-reaching impact of systems theory.
- Examine opportunities to improve the health of our patients and communities through the IOM Future of Nursing vision and the implementation of the Affordable Care Act.
D A Y 2 — Raising Your Financial IQ
- Understand health care economics and changes expected through the Affordable Care Act.
- Learn to read and interpret financial statements and fully understand all components of a budget.
- Discover the basics of developing a business plan and strategies for effectively presenting your plan to decision-makers.
- Explore the facets of financial leadership, including accountability ,variance analysis, cost/quality/service and operational efficiency.
D A Y 3 — Understanding Yourself and Your Team: Recognizing and Maximizing Potential
- Enhance your communication abilities for all situations.
- Examine personality, generational and cultural differences in the workplace and their impact on leadership effectiveness.
- Explore strategies to successfully lead change.
- Increase team effectiveness and efficiency by selecting and retaining quality talent.
- Understand the nurse leader’s role in monitoring and improving professional practice.
- Develop your personal plan to maximize your career potential.
D A Y 4 — Leading Your Team: Setting Expectations and Enhancing Performance
- Formulate strategies to maximize staff performance, including setting expectations, handling discipline and providing objective behavioral feedback to employees.
- Manage conflict, disruptive behavior and bullying in the workplace.
- Develop your negotiation skills to achieve your goals and increase your influence.
- Describe key factors to consider when managing in a union/potential union environment.
D A Y 5 — Putting it All Together: Quality and Patient Safety Begins with Your Leadership
- Explore national trends in performance improvement.
- Understand the nurse manager’s role in an environment where patient outcomes are linked to reimbursement levels.
- Identify practical strategies and tools to improve outcomes and effectively lead change.
- Learn to lead and engage staff to improve customer service and raise HCAHPS scores.
- Reflect on lessons learned and integrate skills gathered throughout the Foundation Course.
For questions or more information, contact us.