We’ve got a new name.
As the California Institute for Nursing and Health Care, we developed strong, diverse coalitions and served as a forum for collaborating, building and sharing what works. Now it’s time for our name to reflect that impact.
In this time of rapid change in health care, HealthImpact has become more agile and responsive. We continue to collaborate with a wide range of partners, designing and creating practical solutions to better prepare nurses for the day-to-day challenges they face, especially as health care moves from traditional settings to team-based care in the community.
- Develops white papers with recommendations for new roles for nurses and how to prepare nurses for future success
- Offers programs and tools on demand to help nursing keep pace with the evolving health care landscape, both for new as well as experienced nurses
- Sponsors the California Action Coalition, dedicated to specific strategies to use the skills, talents and experience of nurses to improve health
- Offers programs that recruit and educate RNs to serve as clinical faculty
- Advises nursing programs on a seamless transition from associate programs in nursing to four year programs
- Focuses on recruiting more diverse candidates to the profession so that nurses reflect the diversity of our state
- Facilitates a central online system for clinical placements
- Promotes and coordinates simulation education
- Helps newly graduated nurses get the skills they need to succeed in the workplace
- Develops new programs, based on the workforce needs of California
HealthImpact offers consulting, toolkits and resource guides for a wide range of clients both inside and outside of California.