Nursing faculty play a critical role in preparing students for rapid changes in health care. HealthImpact’s Clinical Faculty Development Program supports faculty in meeting this need. Since 2007, this program has prepared some 160 masters and baccalaureate-prepared nurses to serve as clinical faculty across California. The program targets experienced nurses with an interest in teaching, integrating intensive classroom and web-based learning with mentoring from experienced faculty.
- Turnkey set of documents and tools to implement the program
- Nursing school works with HealthImpact to offer academic credit or CE hours
- HealthImpact provides curriculum, course instructor and advising
- School provides faculty mentors and enrolls participants
- Participants may retain their current nursing positions while expanding their career options on a part-time basis
Participants have gone on to pursue higher degrees using credit earned through the program.
“I am so thankful for the instructors that were involved in this course. You all were top notch. I have experienced the ‘light bulb phenomena.’ It is awesome to see their faces light up and hearts be warmed with success. I am very thankful for the class and the support you all have provided as it has propelled me into a new phase in my career and life,” says one program participant who went on to get a MSN in Education.
For more information, contact: email@example.com