HealthImpact builds coalitions and partnerships to develop projects in several program areas to transform the capacity of nurses to meet the evolving health needs of Californians:
- California Simulation Alliance – HealthImpact leads the CSA, a voice for simulation education – disseminating information, creating a common language, and facilitating state funding.
- California Action Coalition – Implements a core set of changes to healthcare outlined in the Institute of Medicine’s The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health.
- Leadership Development – Prepares nurse managers for leadership roles.
- California Collaborative Model of Nursing Education – California’s model for seamless academic progression goes beyond legislative and policy recommendations.
- RN Transition-to-practice – Provides the resources necessary to implement the program
- Centralized Clinical Placement System –Connects nursing schools and clinical agencies to streamline the clinical placement process.
- New Roles for Nurses – Addresses gaps in care delivery by implementing new roles for RNs in in California’s health care system.
- Diversity – This program is developing a framework for interventions that will result in an RN workforce that is racially and ethnically aligned with California’s population.
- Faculty Development – Prepares students for rapid changes in health care.